The iGEM Engineering Committee is composed of a diverse group of scientists that are excited about engineering biology. From 2021 on, the Engineering Committee replaces the Measurement Committee, with an extended scope.
The mission of the Engineering Committee is to:
- Educate iGEM teams on good synthetic biology engineering practices
- Establish and disseminate strong foundations of widely accessible measurement and calibration protocols and standards
- Cultivate community development of biological devices with well-understood and predictable behavior.
We work on three main thrusts:
- Protocol Helpline & Education: Check out our 2020 webinar series for useful content as you prepare to start your projects. We will be creating more webinars this year - stay tuned!
- Standardization & Calibration: Check out our measurement / test resources that we've developed over the last few years. We are continuing work in this area and will post more information as we work on new materials.
- Registry/Parts/Predictability: More to come soon!
2021 Engineering Committee Members
We will be updating this page soon with the full committee list!
Have suggestions, need help or want to get in touch with our committee members? Please email the Engineering Committee at engineering [AT] igem [DOT] org .