Black Lives Matter
iGEM's work to fight systemic racism in STEM will be a work in progress. On this page, we will continue to share our thoughts, actions, resources, and invite our community to engage with the topic.
If you have something you want to discuss with iGEM HQ relating to racism, diversity, or inclusion in iGEM, or you have an idea that you would like us to explore, we welcome you to please submit your thoughts through this anonymous feedback form.
The information collected will be kept strictly confidential, and will only be used to improve iGEM programming. Any feedback submitted or topics discussed will not have any impact upon team judging in the iGEM Competition.
- Event: Experiences of Black STEM in the Ivory: A Call to Disruptive Action. View the video recordings from this event.
- Event: Black in Microbiology Week. View the video recordings from this event.
- Black in Microbiology - Resources - Job and Funding opportunities
- Black in Neuroscience, and related events
- Strike for Black Lives, organized by Particles for Justice - Recommended Resources
- Shut Down STEM - Not sure where to start?
- Black Lives Matter - About the movement
The external links above are being provided for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by the iGEM Foundation.
Share Your Story
We are collecting stories about experiences of racism or discrimination as a student/iGEM participant/member of STEM or academic fields.
Note: This is not a venue to submit official complaints to iGEM, but a place to share stories. If you have a complaint that you would like iGEM to follow up on, please contact hq [AT] igem [DOT] org.