Deadline For Project Description
Due by the Wiki Freeze: October TBD, 23:59 EDT
The final version must be updated by the Wiki Freeze deadline. We encourage teams to post a draft version of this on their wiki as early as possible so other teams can learn about what you're working on and to help form useful collaborations across iGEM teams.
1. Your team's Project Description should serve as a detailed introduction to your 2021 iGEM project. Your team should provide the background on what your team has been working on and what you hope to accomplish during the 2021 iGEM competition. It should also include the inspiration for your project and why your team chose this project.
2. The Project Description page is one of the required Standard Pages for the 2021 team wiki pages and is a Bronze medal criterion. You will find that this page already exists on your team wiki at the following URL: https://2021.igem.org/Team:YourTeamName/Description, with "YourTeamName" being your registered team name (ex: Team Example's URL would be: https://2021.igem.org/Team:Example/Description).
3. On your Project Description page, document how and why you chose your iGEM project, and in a few sentences describe how you will achieve your goal(s). Refer to work outside or inside of iGEM that inspired your project, how you selected your project goal(s), and why you thought your project was a useful application of synthetic biology.
4. Only one person should edit your Project Description page at a time. If multiple people are editing the same page at the same time, information will be lost!
What should your team include?
- A clear and concise description of your project.
- A detailed explanation of why your team chose to work on this particular project. What inspired your team this year?
- References and sources to document your research. This can include previous iGEM projects, literature citations, and any other source of inspiration you had for your project.
- Use illustrations and other visual resources to explain your project.