6. Judging Form
Completing your Judging Form
Preliminary Judging Form Due - October TBD, 23:59 EDT
Judging Form Freeze - October TBD, 23:59 EDT
Please start editing your judging form by TBD, and make sure you finalize and save your form by the Judging Form Freeze, TBD. Final edits to your judging form must be complete by TBD - no extensions, no exceptions!
Why is your Judging Form important?
The Judging Form is the primary way you will communicate your team's achievements with the judges.
When judges evaluate your team, they will look at your wiki, watch your presentation video, view your poster, and ask you questions during your assigned slot at the Virtual Giant Jamboree. All of this information is used during your evaluation.
Judging Forms include the criteria for medals, so make sure you review the Medal Criteria and carefully fill out the Judging Form to reflect the work you want the judges to evaluate for each criterion. Judging Forms also allow teams to nominate themselves for Special Prizes. The Judging Form uses the specific Pages for Awards for medals and awards, so please review those pages to make sure your team is putting the correct information on those pages.
Judges have many wikis to evaluate and sometimes pages can be hard to find. They also might not know which of your parts is the best one, or the one they should evaluate for the "Best New Basic Part" or "Best New Composite Part" award. The Judging Form presents this information to judges in a standardized way.
Failure to successfully complete the Judging Form will prevent the judges from evaluating your team for medals and/or prizes.
Find Your Judging Form
You can access your Judging Form by going to your Team Information page and selecting the blue Judging Form link at the top of your Team Information Page. See the image below for an example of where you will find your Judging Form link shown with a red box and arrow.
You can find your Team Information page by selecting your Team Name from the Team List. You can access the Team List by clicking on this button:
Judging Form Instructions
- Click on the "Edit" link found at the top right-hand side of the Judging Form.
- For Medals: Carefully review each "Required link" to make sure your team has the right information on those pages for the medal criterion. If you used Parts for Bronze #4 or Silver #1, enter your Part numbers in the appropriate text boxes. If you did work for Gold #2, enter the Part numbers in the appropriate text boxes. If you did work for Gold #7, enter the URL from your wiki into the text box for that criterion.
- For Special Prizes: For each Special Prize you want to nominate your team for, carefully review each "Required link" to make sure your team has the right information on those pages for that Special Prize. Write up to 150 words for each Special Prize and add the text to the appropriate text box on the Judging Form.
- Save: Scroll up to the top of the Judging Form page and click "Save" to save your changes.
- Review your Judging Form to make sure all of your changes were saved.
- You can email hq [AT] igem [DOT] org at any time with questions about error messages on your judging form.
How to Edit the Judging Form
How to Save the Judging Form
Other Judging Form Requirements
- You MUST remove the alert box for any medals or awards you plan to compete for before the Wiki Freeze on TBD. See here for instructions: https://2021.igem.org/Judging/Pages_for_Awards
- If your team worked with Parts this year, then you MUST create Registry Part Pages (see Add a Part for details) for all parts that you intend to submit for medal criteria and for part awards. These Part Pages must be created by TBD so you can add your Parts to the Judging Form for the Preliminary Judging Form deadline. However, you can still add more details to the Part Pages after the Preliminary Judging Form deadline. The Registry Freeze will take place on TBD, so that is the deadline for completing your Part Pages content. You cannot add part pages to the judging form after the Judging Form Freeze (TBD).
- The judging form MUST be finalized on TBD. You will not be eligible for any awards that you don't tell us about on the judging form, including medals!
Only one person should edit the Judging Form at a time. If multiple people are editing the Judging Form at the same time, information will be lost!
You must complete the Judging Form by the Freeze deadline: TBD. The Judging Form will tell your judges which medal criteria and special prizes they should evaluate. If you miss this deadline, that will prevent the judges from evaluating your team for medals and/or prizes. Make sure to pay attention to the judging form instructions and requirements listed above.