About Competition Tracks
Each team can only compete in one track.
The purpose of the iGEM tracks is to help teams focus their projects. The subject areas encompassed by the tracks aim to solve crucial global challenges; for examples, students have worked on projects related to environmental bioremediation, new medical delivery systems, and alternative energy sources using synthetic biology.
Track Selection Freeze
Deadline: September 24, 23:59 EDT
Your final track selection is due by the Track Selection Freeze. More information can be found on the Track Selection deliverable page.
Note: High school teams will automatically be assigned to the High School Track.
Important Information for Tracks
- Teams will be eligible for the Grand Prize
- Teams will be eligible for their assigned Track Prize
- Teams will be eligible to win Special Prizes
- There are two exceptions: Software Track teams are NOT eligible to win the Best Software Tool Prize and Hardware Track teams are NOT eligible to win the Best Hardware Prize.
- All high school teams are automatically assigned to the High School Track.