Our team is fully complying with iGEM’s safety policies and regulations. We received a series of training before entering the lab, all members are received experimented safety training before the chemical and biological experiment. The safety rules are as follow:
1.No food or drink should be allowed in laboratories.
2.Protection of eyes and skin, such as lab coat, gloves, masks, and goggles, must be worn at all the time to prevent exposure to harmful substances.
3.Gloves should not touch personal stuff, handles, or any other objects unrelated to the experiment.
4.Do not touch working equipment involved in other people's experiments.
5.Make sure all equipment and chemicals are kept under constant surveillance during experiments and are returned with their original states after experiments.
6.All experiment procedures should be conducted under the guidance of a qualified instructor, including the usage of specialized equipment and operations on lab materials.
Safety code for drosophila experiments：
1. The use of carbon dioxide anesthetic fruit fly time should not be to long, otherwise it will cause fruit fly hypoxia death.
2. When you open carbon dioxide, the door valve should not be opened too wide, otherwise it will cause a lot of waste of carbon dioxide. Close the carbon dioxide valve at the end of the experiment.
3. Pick fruit flies lightly on the bench; Unwanted flies are thrown into the scrap dish immediately after they are finished.
4. Each tube is labeled with a genotype and date; the tube has to be turned every three or four days.
5. Attention should be paid to the cleanliness and dryness of the apparatus when attaching the fruit fly culture medium.
6. Web must wear protective glasses, rubber gloves and lab coats to avoid toxic or corrosive chemicals.
Dangerous materials procedure
1.Do not try to smell, touch or taste chemicals. When volatile toxic chemicals need to be added, they should be operated in an empty place with flowing air. Always wear protective gear before performing toxic chemical experiments and keep an eye on the experiment.
2.Waste materials such as culture media and agar gel produced should not be poured into the tank. Used chemicals should be poured into the waste tank and covered
3.The chemical wastes generated in the laboratory must be properly disposed of in accordance with the regulations of the laboratory.
4.Chemicals should be cleaned and returned to their original position when used.
Emergency handling measures
1.If there is any problem with the experimental instrument or equipment, contact the relevant technical person in the first place.
2.In case of fire, immediately turn off all power supplies and clean up inflammable and explosive objects around. If necessary, contact the fire department in time.
3.Lab coats and rubber gloves provide effective protection against toxic and corrosive chemicals. In case of accidental contact with toxic or corrosive substances on the skin surface, flush with water immediately and seek medical advice immediately.
4.After the experiment, wipe the experimental table and tidy up the experimental instruments and reagents, do not take any experimental supplies and instruments out of the laboratory.
Copyright © 2021, Worldshaper_Shanghai all reserved.