The Software is a really important part of our project. For anyone who needs it, it is an usable, fast and easy to understand assistance.
In addition to all of these, we improved the limitations of the project
by giving the ability to build more DNA strands in the reaction. We archived this by using c# programming language and Unity development environment.
The usage is particularly obvious and, in most cases clearly understandable. In case the given sequences result in a „Blacklink Problem” in the final DNA,
and we don’t want to modify the other sequences we can click
the „Regenerate” button to replace the random parts of the last DNA sequence, if there is a possible form to solve the problem.
Technically we tried to make an easy implementation, the only complicated part has been the generation of random base pairs,
even though this code isn’t more than 200 lines.
The illustrative, graphical explanation of the algorithm we used can be found below.
The most dangerous error is linked to the fixed DNA parts, because in use of certain RNA sequences these can cause hairpin loops.
Another danger is the usage of wrong characters. In case the input field
contains any other characters than „A”, „C”, „G” and, in case of the RNA „U”, in case of the DNA „T”, it can not copy sequences or refresh already existing ones.
Limitation lies mostly in the possible length of the RNA and DNA. The maximum length of an RNA are 75, the maximum of the DNA is 50 basis pairs.
One more limitation is that at the moment 7 consecutive bases can form a hairpin, this can’t be reduced, because the region forming this structure is in the fixed DNA parts.
As a result of this it’s important to dismantle connections on a high temperature to avoid hairpin loops.