Aboa in Plain Language
- We are 8 people.
- We study biochemistry, biomedicine, biotechnology, chemistry and health technology.
- We study at the University of Turku.
- We live in Turku.
- We are from Finland.
- People use medicine.
- Diclofenac is one type of medicine.
- Diclofenac goes in the Baltic Sea.
- We can’t remove it.
- Fish and people suffer from it.
- We use bacteria.
- Bacteria produce biochemical matter.
- Biochemical matter breaks diclofenac.
- Diclofenac doesn’t go in the Baltic Sea.
- Bacteria don't go in the Baltic Sea.
- We put bacteria in a tank.
- We put the tank in a wastewater treatment plant.
- A wastewater treatment plant is a place where water becomes clean.
- Human Practices is working with people.
- We need people to help us with our project.
- We also tell other people about our project.
- Human Practices can be different things.
- We did many things.
We did for example:
- Talking with experts
- Lessons in high schools
- An animation for children
- A memory game for children
- An info poster
- Social media posts
- An interview video