We could not be more grateful and inspired by the consistent support we received from our Mentors.
- Dr. Rao - Principal Investigator
- Anna Fedders - Coordinator
- Daniel Ryerson - Coordinator
- Anshu Deewan - Graduate advisor (Wetlab)
- Tarun Mahajan - Graduate advisor (Drylab)
- Carl Schultz - Graduate advisor
- William Woodruff - Graduate advisor (Wetlab)
- Rao Lab provided the lab space and wet lab resources and guidance for wet lab procedures.
The University of Illinois
- Thank you to the University of Illinois for allowing iGEM to be run as a unit - it has helped us in many ways, and allowed us to devote more time to our project.
- A big thank you to all of the academic and field experts who took time out of their day to talk to us about our project.
- Sydney Trimble and Shawn Patterson from University of Illinois Waste Management Facility
- Dr. Ting Lu
Outreach and Engagement
- The whole iGEM experience could not have been more enriched without other teams.
- iGEM Toronto and UT Austin for collaboration and partnership.
- iGEM Calgary for hosting JulyGEM
- UIUC IGB
- iGEM sponsors
- University of Illinois
- Mary Cook - Member of the drylab team
- Assisted the drylab team with gathering data for the drylab pipeline and explored multi sequence alignment tools. I also worked on designing the wiki.
- Jefrin Joseph - Member of wetlab team
- Helped wetlab assays and perform troubleshooting literature review and contacting professors for assistance.
- Kristin Lai - Member of the wetlab team
- Helped wetlab assays and implement and organize our lab procedures by keeping an updated lab notebook and thoroughly planned protocols in advance to ensure we stayed on track.
- Suva Narayan - Member of the drylab team
- Worked on the pipeline that generated our novel protein sequences. Also reworked the pipeline to be functional as our very own Python package!
- Royal Shrestha - Member of the wetlab team
- Worked on various wetlab procedures to help purify our wild-type and mutant PETase proteins. I also worked to form a partnership with the UT Austin iGEM team
- Angela Yoon - Member of the drylab team
- Did literature reviews and data gathering and assisted with the drylab pipeline. I worked in partnership with the Toronto team, and designed wiki.