- What is the difference between Proposed implementation and Proof of Concept?
- Proposed implementation: Who are the stakeholders?
- Proof of concept: We show that our proposed implementation actually works. Mostly involves lab.
- Collaboration vs Partnership:
- Collaboration - one-time help for silver we need significant like we gained something from the interaction only one team might benefit. For gold, it is a partnership.
- Partnership- Extended partnership like one person does wetlab other drylab. Both teams have to benefit.
- How important is the wiki freeze? VERY IMPORTANT Teams often have made small mistakes. Common mistakes others make Waiting till the last minute to upload thing on wiki, judging forms etc. Teams make wiki in a separate file and put it on the wiki but that takes time and sometimes doesnt look like they expected. IT IS NOT RECOMMENDED TO COPY AND PASTE STUFF ON WIKI AT THE LAST MINUTE. Use the last few days to proofread your wiki. Get in a few people from outside the team to read the wiki. DOCUMENTATION IS THE DEAL MAKER OR BREAKER. One person edit at a time cause one might overwrite the edits of someone else. Changing of URLs, even a change in case in the URL will lead to it not linking to the judging form. DONT MAKE ONE TEAMMATE DO THE JUDGING FORM. Please ask questions to hq if needed through slack
What kind of educational material are u generating and why? Who is it targeted to? Documentation- What might go wrong? Waiting till before the wiki freeze to put everything on the wiki. Keep updating the wiki every week. U can use the wiki like a google doc! You might even end up losing info if u document it on wiki. Start documentation as soon as the wiki is alive. Have a list of references, past wikis, motivation, putting picture of outreach on wiki. You can add stuff that is not finalized on the wiki cause no one is gonna see it. Communication is key when everyone is adding to the wiki. Make sure you do not write over someone elses wiki. We can recover older versions as long as the wiki is not frozen. If you are making the wiki using some automated tools to make the wiki, test it out first. How do we not over document? Not easy. Learn sci comm. If you can explain using picture or video use that. Use tables. Break it visually. Dont make long paragraphs. Dont put text in your picture cause visually challenged people cannot access. Also dont use colors that will confuse color blind people. WHAT IS THE STORY YOU WANT TO TELL? SUPEERRR IMPORTANT. Run it by other professors. Sometimes only some people contribute to wiki sometimes entire team writes the wiki.