We have completed last week's checklist except for viability of co-culture FBA.
- The wet lab is still working on which co culture method to use. Available options :
- Hydrogel Polymer
Depending on what they choose to use we will have to change our approach to modelling (fine tune not change the whole approach).
- The wet lab is yet to choose strains to work with, but the most likely choices are PCC 7942 and UTEX 2973, and since PCC 7942 already as a model in BiGG we decided to create a model for UTEX 2973 using the excel sheet below:
BiGG Model for PCC 7942 - http://bigg.ucsd.edu/models/iJB785
- We will have to find gene correspondence for the UTEX model using the model for PCC 6803, which is what the UTEX model was derived from BRUTE FORCE URGH!
- Convert above model into SBML
- The Taguchi method for optimising the culture medium is very wet lab intensive and so we have decided to find a dry lab alternative for the same. This is most probably going to consist of performing statistical analysis on a literature values, but that is just a guess for now.
- Promoter Modelling is something to look into but not rn cuz that shit HARD BRUH
Division of Work
- Arya, Misaal, Jason - CoCulture FBA - Wednesday
- Arsh, Soorya - Taguchi method alternative (dry lab)
- Soorya, Namasi - Modelling coculture medium